2.28.2005

Birds of America

Earnest sounds for earnest ears. Upon every listen, Birds of America reminds me of a wonderful balance. The light guitar strums, add occasional analog tinkerings, add some fuzzy guitar tones. I'm hooked. The songs are lyrically rewarding because the lack of effort to always be 'saying something'. It's like each one is a peek at a thought or a string of thoughts. A friend is just kind of day-dreaming, and you ask "What are you thinking about?," you usaully get an "Oh nothing." It feels to me Birds of America shares those thoughts with us.

The lo-fi pop symmetry could bring some Neutral Milk Hotel or more recently, Mountain Goats comparisons, but I think the feel is a bit more nostalgic ; some of the more somber parts of All Things Must Pass , definitely come to mind. I believe Nathaniel Russell is the main force behind Birds of America . They have recorded one full length and a 7" on the Isota camp, which is, as well as, Mr. Russel , based in Berkeley, CA. The full length entitled, Current Carry is available to purchase here.



Between The Blue And Blackened Dew.mp3

I Wish I Was Born An Animal.mp3

...And an all time favorite

George Harrison - Apple Scruffs.mp3

3 Comments:

Blogger Clickbank Mall said...

Beschleunigen Sie Ihr Internet für nur €3.25 pro Monat! Klicken Sie hier! Kabel

10/04/2005  
Blogger asenetpro said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

This is a posting promoting music related info on my site free music contract download site/blog. It pretty much covers recording related stuff. my site is free for all to list their event post classified ad and to just post forum for hard to find info and many other thing music related. So if you are a dj, musician, producer, manager, engineer, artist, singer, dancer or have anything music related please visit my site and join to post all your info

Joining is free for all list your site plus more

free music contract download

11/03/2005  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/04/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home