5.24.2005

Maria Taylor

The first piece of music I listen to, to start my day, is important. I usually wake up craving a certain song, and the past couple mornings it has been the opening cut to Maria Taylor's new full length, 11:11. Taylor is one half of Azure Ray , the reposed, and bittersweet duo . The subdued romanticism is still prevalent. The course has progressed to something more mature though. The record sounds amazing and I would have to attribute that to Mike Mogis who producers, and arranges, for most of the Saddle Creek roster. Mogis always enriches with out making it complex. There is also contibutions from Cursive’s Gretta Cohn, Now It’s Overhead’s Andy LeMaster, and Bright Eyes’ Conor Oberst. I think 11:11 could tend to serve a broader, older audience but the substance of the work is not sacrificed.



Leap Year.mp3

Speak Easy.mp3

1 Comments:

Anonymous Erinnnnnn said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

7/14/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home