5.26.2005

The Music Meme Spreads

Total volume of music files on my computer:

I have around 110 gigs of music on my external hd at home. That works out to be 23,603 songs, and about 70 days in the Itunes. I have about 750 MB of stuff in my - new tunes playlist still to be listened to. I have a 40 gig ipod for library type listening, and an ipod mini I use for mixes, and my must have jazz tunes.

The last CD I bought was:

A Lazy Smoke retrospective called Corridor of Faces. Psychedelia from Massachusetts in the vein of Big Star or The Creation.

Song playing right now:

Right now I am listening to “Little Red Record Co.” by Damon and Naomi, which is ending and now it's "Land's End" by Patrick Wolf.

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:

“Everything You Need” by Adem, this songs warms me like mohair. just does.


“I Am Systematically In Love With You” by Plastik, tonal goodness. I have this on 45, I play it a lot. I had to digitize it because I am afraid I might mess up the vinyl.

“The Sun Is Still” by Freescha, I wish this song was longer but it fulfills even still. This is my night time canyon driving song. It very well could be classified as an opiate


“Amerlie” by Vetiver, It's melody is the driving force behind this song being so prevelant since I got the record. I find that it enters my brain, even if it has been some time since I have heard it.


“Machine Gun” by Slowdive - well, yeah...

Passing it on:

steve
seep
lauren
bennett

5 Comments:

Blogger Lyman said...

I've never heard one of these artists on your entire blog. I can either look at this positively and think that there's some new music for me to dig or I can just think I'm terribly out of touch.

5/26/2005  
Blogger hyman? said...

Moses Josh has returned. He is, after months of what one might call "repose", alive and well and hell-bent on destroying my peaceful life.

5/27/2005  
Blogger Jason said...

This game is fun.....

5/28/2005  
Anonymous Q Dog said...

Thanks for the shout, brother. Give me a call!

5/28/2005  
Anonymous juanita said...

Slowdive, nice...

5/29/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home