7.29.2005

Beck and Ramsey Lewis





Okay So Check It; I am not the biggest Beck fan in the world but I do listen, and like most of what I hear. So what I am about to say might be obvious to those more devoted Beck lovers. I was listening to Midnite Vultures , in particular the song, Debra, and I noticed it sounded so familiar especially the base line. Then, it dawned on me. Ramsey Lewis . So, well, just listen for your self.

Debra.mp3 - Beck

My Love For You.mp3 - Ramsey Lewis



To Purchase Ramsey Lewis' Funky Serenity click here.

To Purchase Beck's Midnite Vultures click here .

5 Comments:

Anonymous Dusty 'B' Goode said...

Sounds like Beck just lifted the whole track. No mention of/thank you's to Ramsey Lewis in the liner notes? That's pretty F'd up, no?

8/03/2005  
Blogger fusion said...

Sampling is cool, ripping off and no credit is not.

8/07/2005  
Blogger Cory said...

I don't have the liner notes in front of me. So I'm not sure credit was given to Mr. Lewis

8/08/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

game house free

2/27/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing that people crib about most nowadays is hair loss. Be it the men or the women hair loss is a common trouble for all. Be it pollution, malnutrition, or heredity the number of people affected from hair loss is increasing continuously and at a rapid speed. Hair has from time immemorial been dubbed as an element of beauty especially for the women hence it is only normal that people panic at hair loss. But developing technology has now also made it possible that people have at least alternatives for hair loss.

2/15/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home